Monday, June 15, 2009

4 months down, 4 months to go!

So, Brian left Guam four months ago, and he is supposed to return in about four months.  HALFWAY!  Of course, return dates ALWAYS change, but you have to have something to target, right?  The first three months went by really fast, but the last one has been dragging for me.  Brian works long days, 7 days a week, so the time has been going by pretty fast for him.  And, he has made friends with his office neighbors...they take turns playing practical jokes on each other.  As for me, I have to wait out the next four weeks, and then I'll be on a jet plane to Ohio.  There, I'll be at an AF engineering class for two weeks before I head home for a week and a half.  After home, I'll be on the way back to Guam for the remainder of Brian's deployment.  I am so excited for the chance to be on the mainland for almost a month.  My squadron was gracious enough to get me a rental car while I am in Ohio (they don' usually do that for training).  With a rental car, I'll be able to soak up a little bit of civilization and not just stay stranded on the AF base....I get enough of the AF base here.   


While I am home, I will also get to meet my brand new niece, Kate, and my 1-yr old nephew, Ben.  Can you believe my nephew is one and I haven't even met him yet?  Brian and I have really enjoyed experiencing new cultures and traveling, but it is always hard to miss the all of the family stuff.  

After I return from the states, I will only have about 2 months left until Brian returns.  Yay! 

1 comment:

KC said...

The rest of your time should go quick! Excited to see you again soon!