Saturday, January 31, 2009

Roy's

Brian and I go to a nice restaurant named Roy's every now and then.  Every time we go there we HAVE to order the coffee and the crepes suzette.  The crepes suzette is awesome, but the coffee is somewhat of a science experiment.  See photo.



The water is heated by the candle on the bottom.  The water turns to steam and rises into the top carafe where the coffee grounds are.  After almost all of the water transfers from the bottom to the top, the server will blow the candle out.  Then as the air in the bottom cools, it pulls the coffee back down to the bottom, leaving the coffee grounds at the top.  What can I say, I like to watch 'Bill Nye the Science Guy' as an adult.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's some cool looking coffee. I don't even drinkn coffee but I would there.
The new place looks pretty good from the outside. Can't believe the mess about the yard. They would NOT like me over there.