Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Last Weekend

On Saturday morning (Valentine's Day), Brian left for training in Wisconsin.  He'll be there for about 3 weeks and then he is off to a sandier region, probably Afghanistan.  I got him a new camera to take along on his adventure, so hopefully he will regularly send photos back.  I hope to have a blog here and there based on what he is doing along with his photos.  



On Sunday, I realized the grass was already at 4 inches and the lawn inspector wasn't coming by until Tuesday...CRAP!   So, I decided to mow the grass on my own.  I hadn't cut the grass since I was in high school, and I really haven't even been around a mower since then either.  The truth is that I wasn't sure how to start the thing.  So, I pulled the cord a couple of times and I couldn't get it to start.  Then, I googled 'starting a lawn mower' which is where I realized that I had neglected to hit the primer button.  AAAHHHHAA!  After trying again and hitting the primer button, the mower started up without a problem.  Then, I cut our entire enormous yard.  I'd like to think that this is a small sign from God that the next 7-8 months are going to be this easy...

2 comments:

The Columbia Fam said...

Good for you! We are thinking about you!

Emily said...

It will be good. Don't worry! We are here back home for you!
And I can NEVER get my mower to start. Unfortunately, I live alone so no one is around to help me...